Fort Lauderdale, FL … The Friends of Birch State Park, Inc. held its first-ever “Birdies for Birch” golf tournament on May 18th at Fort Lauderdale Country Club. The event was chaired by Friends board members Tyler Chappell of The Chappell Group and Stephen Tilbrook of Gray Robinson PA. Florida Community Bank was the presenting sponsor of “Birdies for Birch,” which had 90 golfers participate. Other major sponsors included Gray Robinson PA, Ellis Diversified Inc., Boatyard, Resolve Marine, Tom Krips Construction, Botek Thurlow Engineering, Balestreri Realty, Holland & Knight, Morgan Stanley and Doubletime Digital.
Players enjoyed foursome photos taken holding tortoises and a baby alligator from Hugh Taylor Birch State Park’s live animal show. Goody bags featured a variety of premium items provided by Daoud’s Fine Jewelry, Oakley Sunglasses, Wizard Creations, Fort Lauderdale Country Club, Florida Community Bank, Bank of America, Southern Wine & Spirits and 954Design. Lunch was sponsored by Red Chair Catering. On-course refreshments were provided courtesy of 360 Vodka, Christopher & Weisberg PA, Daoud’s Fine Jewelry, Bill & Nancy Thies, Blue Martini, Georgia Pig, Kettle One, Park & Ocean and Shooters Waterfront.
Proceeds from “Birdies for Birch” will benefit the Friends of Birch State Park, whose mission is to preserve, conserve, enhance and promote the 180-acre gem left to the state by naturalist Hugh Taylor Birch. “We designed this event to be both a friend-raiser as well as a fundraiser for the park,” explains Friends Executive Director Gale Butler. “Thanks to a strong planning committee and generous sponsors, the event netted nearly $23,000 and introduced our organization’s important work to dozens of area business people.”
For more information, visit birchstatepark.org or call Friends of Birch State Park Executive Director Gale Butler at 954-566-0660.
Latest from City View
- Broward Education Foundation’s Tools For Schools Launches County’s Largest Back to School Supply Drive
- Robert Dubac Performs His Newest Hit “The Book Of Moron: If Thinking Were Easy Everyone Would Do It” For Three Peformances Only At The Broward Center
- Summer Heats Up With Sinbad At Parker Playhouse
- BCPS Awarded Grant to Increase Robotics Instruction and Resources in Schools
- More Than $750,000 Broward Education Foundation Scholarships Awarded to Help Students Fulfill College Dreams