The City established the Walk of Fame in 2010 at the inaugural Great American Beach Party to pay tribute to the legendary Connie Francis on the 50th Anniversary of "Where the Boys Are," the 1960 film which made Fort Lauderdale an overnight sensation and a "must see" destination for visitors. Walk of Fame Honorees are recognized for distinguishing themselves in their respective fields, while making lifelong, positive contributions to the City of Fort Lauderdale.
Latest from City View
- Broward Education Foundation’s Tools For Schools Launches County’s Largest Back to School Supply Drive
- Robert Dubac Performs His Newest Hit “The Book Of Moron: If Thinking Were Easy Everyone Would Do It” For Three Peformances Only At The Broward Center
- Summer Heats Up With Sinbad At Parker Playhouse
- BCPS Awarded Grant to Increase Robotics Instruction and Resources in Schools
- More Than $750,000 Broward Education Foundation Scholarships Awarded to Help Students Fulfill College Dreams