The City of Fort Lauderdale's property valuation came in 6.9% higher than last year. This marks the third consecutive year that Fort Lauderdale's property values have climbed and is another indication that our economy is back on track. Earlier this month, the fiscal year 2015 Proposed Budget was presented to the City Commission.
After much discussion, the Commission unanimously adopted a resolution proposing no increase to the current operating millage rate and no increase to the fire assessment fee. The proposed millage rate for fiscal year 2015 was kept at its current level of 4.1193 per $1,000 of taxable value.
This represents the eighth consecutive fiscal year that the City Commission has held the line on property taxes. In fact, you would have to go back 28 years -- to 1986 -- to find a time when Fort Lauderdale had a lower property tax rate than 4.1193.
The FY 2015 Proposed Budget provides the resources to deliver quality, cost effective services to our neighbors while investing in social capital to build community, expand civic engagement, and enhance quality of life. It calls for continued investments to maintain and strengthen our infrastructure, enhance citywide public safety, bolster direct service delivery, enrich programming in parks and recreation, and replace and upgrade critical fire-rescue equipment. In short, the Proposed Budget moves us closer to achieving our citywide Vision of creating a diverse, active, livable and sustainable community. Neighbors are encouraged to review the Proposed Budget document and the Proposed Community Investment Plan on the City's website. Please also make plans to attend the two public hearings on the Proposed Budget that will take place on Wednesday, September 3rd and Wednesday, September 10th at 6 p.m. in the City Hall Commission Chambers.
- Fort Lauderdale Named Top Digital City by e.Republic Inc.'s Center for Digital Government
- City of Fort Lauderdale named among "America's Greenest Cities"
- Copa Airlines Begins Nonstop Service between Panama and Fort Lauderdale
- City of Fort Lauderdale Issues Precautionary Advisory Against Use of Inland Recreational Waters in Northeast Fort Lauderdale
- Uptown Link...Your New Cypress Creek Connection!
Latest from City View
- With its “Stay, Play & Ride” Package, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District Offers the Best of Culture, Shopping, Dining, a Luxurious Hotel Stay & More
- Autism in Flight Takes Off at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport BCPS Students with Autism Practice the Travel Experience
- Our Fund Foundation Announces Spring 2019 Grants; Allocates More Than $120,000 for South Florida Non-Profits That Support LGBT Causes
- Museum of Discovery and Science opens NEW Traveling Exhibit, HALL OF HEROES - Discover Your Superpowers!
- Patrician Mozart Performances Conclude Symphony Of The Americas Season