FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – At its chapter meeting on Thursday, December 14 from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., NAIOP South Florida, a Commercial Real Estate Development Organization, presents its annual industrial update and panel discussion featuring special guest speaker and Bergeron Family of Companies CEO Ron Bergeron, Sr. The event will take place at the new Bergeron Distribution Center, located at 19700 Stirling Road in Pembroke Pines.
In addition to Bergeron, panelists include Transwestern Senior Managing Director Walter Byrd, Itasca Construction Associates President Joe Galinis, Prologis Vice President Scott Gregory, Helms Development Principal Scott Helms and State Street Realty President George Pino. The event is sponsored by Berger Commercial Realty/CORFAC International.
Topics that will be discussed by the panel include the regional effects of global shipping and commerce issues such as the expansion of the Panama Canal, increased regulations for travel and exchange with Cuba, expansion of Florida ports in relation to other east coast ports, last mile distribution and the Amazon factor, NAFTA and free trade, natural disasters and hurricane impacts, and the risks posed by overbuilding.
Additionally, the panel will cover trends in the regional industrial market including land development, tenant profiles and requirements, interest rates, employment levels, cost per square foot, leasing activity and more.
NAIOP is a commercial real estate development organization. It provides strong advocacy, education and business networking opportunities and connects its members through a powerful North American network.
Latest from City View
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation Goes Saturday Night Chic at Annual Celebration to Benefit the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Truluck’s Seafood, Steak and Crab House
- “Femme in Depth” Celebrates Inspirational Women at Holy Cross Hospital
- The All-New Musical “American Girl Live” Celebrates The Power Of Girls And Strength Of Friendship
- The Fort Lauderdale Downtown Development Authority And Freebee Launch Free On-Demand Door-To-Door Electric Vehicle Pilot Program In Downtown Fort Lauderdale