FORT LAUDERDALE, Fl – Tis’ the season for festive lights and sweet delights at the Historic Stranahan House Museum! Join the Stranahan House for a variety of holiday festivities fit for guests of all ages. With more than 100 years of history under its belt, there’s no better place to embrace the holiday spirit of South Florida. This is where it all began!
Cookies with Santa: Saturday, Dec. 5 and Tuesday, Dec. 8 (by appointment)
“The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear” – Buddy (played by Will Ferrell), Elf
Holiday River Tours: Dec. 18, 20, 21, 22 and 23 at 7:30 p.m.
“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” ― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
One of South Florida’s premier and time-honored family traditions, the annual Holiday River Tours are back and better than ever. Witness Fort Lauderdale’s oldest home in immaculate Victorian Christmas décor and enjoy an evening house tour featuring costumed tour guides, live music, photo opportunities and more. Included in the tour is a boat ride down the New River, where guests can take in the breathtaking holiday light displays of Fort Lauderdale’s waterfront homes.
Holiday Hangover: Thursday, Jan. 7 at 6 p.m.
Ring in the New Year like never before with an exclusive cocktail party at the Stranahan House! Featuring delicious food, specialty drinks, house tours and live entertainment, Holiday Hangover also enters all attendees into a raffle to win a private 25-person party at the Stranahan House. With 114 years of history, join us in the New Year as we celebrate the past, present and future of the starting point of Fort Lauderdale.
Proceeds from all Stranahan House events are used to continue its educational and historic preservation programs including reduced rate and free school programs for local children. Happy holidays from the Historic Stranahan House Museum!
- The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale to Herald in the Holiday Season with Festive Happenings
- Holiday Hangover Returns to Historic Stranahan House Museum January 4
- Stranahan House Executive Director Recognized for Community Contributions
- Second Annual Riverwalk Summer Social Cruise to Benefit Historic Stranahan House Museum
- April is Showered with Cultural Fun, Including “MythBusters,” Wine & Food Pairings and More at the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District
Latest from City View
- Las Olas Boulevard & Isles
- Handy Hosted 14th Annual Scholars Breakfast “Believe In The Dream”
- History Fort Lauderdale Launches New River Marketplace on Saturday, June 22
- Hurricane season starts June 1
- With its “Stay, Play & Ride” Package, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District Offers the Best of Culture, Shopping, Dining, a Luxurious Hotel Stay & More