Pompano Beach, FL- Broward County is home to great teachers, and every year the Greater Pompano Beach Chamber of Commerce recognizes leaders in the field with an event honoring them. On May 22, 2014, at Noon, a special luncheon at John Knox Village (651 SW 6 Street, Pompano Beach) celebrates the area teachers of the year selected by Broward Schools.
"This is one small way of showing our support and appreciation for the dynamic educators who inspire our young people," said Marianne Miccoli, event organizer. "The teachers receive a complimentary luncheon and an appreciation plaque, and are honored in front of the community for their hard work."
This year's keynote speaker for the event is the Honorable Nora Rupert, Broward County School Board Member.
Sponsors include: Title Sponsor-Bright Star Credit Union, Waste Management, Isle Casino, Stonegate Bank, Kraeer/Dignity/Forest Lawn, Keith & Associates, Federal Engineering & Testing, Everest University, Furman Insurance, and Hinkle, Richter & Rhine.
- BCPS Transportation Department Powers Up for the New School Year with a New Radio System
- Toyota expands national family learning program to 3 Broward County sites
- Open Enrollment Window for BCPS Head Start/Early Head Start Program
- BCPS Presents “Flipping The Script” A Teen Prevention & Intervention Summit
Latest from City View
- Help Make a Difference Participate in the 2022 VCA Walk for the Animals Benefitting the Humane Society of Broward County
- Spirit Airlines Named Official Airline Sponsor Of The Broward Center For The Performing Arts
- The Magnificent Man and His Music
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation Announces Harry Connick, Jr. to Perform at 2022 Annual Celebration Harry Connick takes the stage on January 28
- Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation’s 13th Annual Ocean Affair Raises Funds for Ocean Conservation