FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Historic Stranahan House Museum will light up the holidays this season with Victorian Christmas Tours scheduled from Saturday, December 18 through Thursday, December 23. This is a favorite Fort Lauderdale holiday tradition!
Historic Stranahan House will be decked in spectacular, picture-perfect Victorian-era décor, and tours will be led by costumed tour guides who will explain the origin of many holiday traditions and how the pioneers celebrated in the early days of Fort Lauderdale.
“This is a very picturesque time of year at Stranahan House, and these tours are a wonderful way for everyone at any age to celebrate the holiday spirit,” said Stranahan House Executive Director April Kirk. “Colorful wreaths and twinkling lights decorate the exterior, and the interior comes to life with festive fully decorated trees, wreaths, gifts and other antique and vintage holiday décor. Our volunteers do an amazing job preparing the house for this magical time of year.”
Holiday tours are scheduled in time increments beginning at 7:00 p.m from Dec. 18-23 with a maximum of 10 visitors per tour. Tickets are $30 for non-members and $25 for museum members. Event tickets can be purchased online at www.stranahanhouse.org/events.
The museum’s gift shop will also be open featuring unique locally created and commemorative items, perfect for every person on a holiday gift list. Face coverings are required inside all Stranahan House buildings.
Latest from City View
- Broward County Public Schools Celebrates “Family Day: Celebration of Diversity” Sunday, November 14, 2 – 5 p.m. at Delevoe Park in Fort Lauderdale
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Joins “Mti’s All Together Now!” A Global Event Celebrating Local Theatre On November 15
- A Special Initiative Across BCPS Highlights the Impact of Sea-Level Rise and Climate Change
- Black Furrday Pet Adoption Event! Join us on Friday, November 26
- Top 7 Tips for Good Decision Making When Feeling Stressed Out