FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – The Historic Stranahan House Museum is hosting a Virtual History Happy Hour on Wednesday, August 26th at 6:30pm. A drinking event like no other, this Virtual History Happy Hour merges the past and present through wine, cheese, desserts and a taste of history for an entertaining and educational look at Fort Lauderdale’s unique past from the comfort of your own home.
All proceeds support the ongoing historic preservation of the local landmark and help fund the museum’s educational programs, including reduced-rate and free school programs for local students.
Virtual History Happy Hour: Ivy Stranahan & the Women’s Suffrage Movement
Wednesday, August 26th at 6:30 pm
Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Nineteenth Amendment where historian and Broward Schools educator, Michelle Sammartino, will not only discuss Ivy Stranahan’s role in Women’s Suffrage, but will give the entire story of the movement as well.
- Holiday Hangover Returns to Historic Stranahan House Museum January 4
- Stranahan House Executive Director Recognized for Community Contributions
- Celebrate the Holidays with the Historic Stranahan House Museum!
- Second Annual Riverwalk Summer Social Cruise to Benefit Historic Stranahan House Museum
- April is Showered with Cultural Fun, Including “MythBusters,” Wine & Food Pairings and More at the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District
Latest from City View
- House of Hope Launches Toy and Donation Drive for the Holidays
- Florida Ports Council, Enterprise Florida Host Virtual Forum to Help Businesses Grow Trade through Florida’s Ports
- Up to $15,000 in Grants Available for Local Arts Organizations; New Education Category Funding Available for First Time
- Tips for Reducing Holiday Stress and Staying Mindful While Traveling
- The New "Backstage at Broward Center" Tour is an Invite to Fans to "Take Their Shot" and Star in their Own Onstage Photo Opp