Fort Lauderdale, FL – On Wednesday, March 11, 2020, the Gold Coast Jazz Society will present the acclaimed jazz trumpeter, Terell Stafford. The Terell Stafford Quintet will perform at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Avenue in Fort Lauderdale and begins at 7:45pm. Single tickets are available for $55 plus fees through Ticketmaster at the Broward Center’s AutoNation Box Office at 954-462-0222 or online at www.browardcenter.org
Student and teacher tickets are $10 with valid ID. A discount for groups of ten or more is also available.
The program, titled “A Tribute to the Music of Billy Strayhorn and Lee Morgan,” will feature the
NYC based jazz trumpeter who is hailed by McCoy Tyner as “one of the great players of our time, a fabulous trumpet player.” Stafford regularly performs with an “A” list of jazz musicians and appears on over 130 recordings. Aside from being an in-demand performer, Stafford is the Director of Jazz Studies and Chair of Instrumental Studies at Temple University, founder and band leader of the Terell Stafford Quintet, and Managing and Artistic Director of the Jazz Orchestra of Philadelphia (JOP). Stafford is renowned in the jazz world as an educator, performer and leader and has received countless award nominations and accolades. For this show Stafford will pay tribute to jazz great pianist/composer, Billy Strayhorn, and trumpeter Lee Morgan with his own “A” list of sidemen which includes Tim Warfield/Tenor Sax, Bruce Barth/Piano, Nathan Pence/Bass and Billy Williams/Drums. To hear an audio sample of Terell Stafford go to:
For more information about the 2019-2020 Jazz Concert Series, go to www.goldcoastjazz.org. The Gold Coast Jazz Society is a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of jazz music through a mainstage concert series, free community concerts, educational programs, a jazz scholarship program and musical services provided by the Gold Coast Jazz Society Band.
Funding for this organization is provided in part by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners as recommended by the Broward Cultural Council and is sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture. Concert sponsors include American National Bank, Baer’s Furniture, Funding Arts Broward, Morgan Stanley, and the Mary Porter Fund of the Community Foundation of Broward.
- Broward Center Extends New "Backstage at Broward Center" Tours
- Art Heist at the Broward Center brings back live local theater
- Broward Center to Take Part in the #SOSFEST Three-Day Virtual Festival
- Broward Center Presents Piff the Magic Dragon in Live Zoom Performances
- Rare Ginastera Concerto And First Contender In Music Director Search Enliven Symphony Of The Americas Season Opener
Latest from City View
- River Oaks Neighborhood Stormwater Improvements Project
- A1A to Close Overnight May 17-19 from Sunrise Boulevard to Oakland Park Boulevard
- Sistrunk Boulevard Roadway Repairs
- Wine Night at Doris Italian Market & Bakery’s Sunrise Location on Saturday, May 21
- Broward County School Board to Implement a Student Outcomes Focused Approach