FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – In an effort to explore the many ways that art heals the soul and rejuvenates the spirit, ArtServe presents its inspirational multi-media exhibition, “REFLECT: Healing Through Art,” from May 7 to May 25. Sponsored by Holy Cross Hospital, the exhibit kicks off with a free gallery reception on Thursday, May 17 from 6 to 8 p.m. at ArtServe, located at 1350 East Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale.
Created in collaboration with South Florida’s leading artists and non-profit organizations, REFLECT showcases artwork that emphasizes the value of art as a rejuvenating therapy.
“This exhibit features powerful pieces, both static and performed, that reveal a deeper, underlying message of how art has helped uplift and soothe the spirit,” said ArtServe President and CEO Jaye Abbate. “As a means of self-expression through creation, art is an invaluable form of personal therapy for artists and patrons alike.”
Dr. Patrick Taylor, president and CEO of Holy Cross, added, “We are proud to partner with ArtServe to help bring this exhibit to the community. Whether working through illness, pain, loss, or other emotional struggles, this exhibit exemplifies how art can serve as a therapeutic tool to facilitate the process of healing.”
- Local Artists To Showcase Work During Art & Soul To Benefit Business For The Arts Of Broward
- Artserve Welcomes BankUnited as Venue Sponsor
- Business for the Arts of Broward Cultural Tour Scheduled for March 16
- Dillard Center for the Arts Students Selected to Attend Prestigious GRAMMY Camp – Jazz Session
- ArtServe Celebrates “BIG: Big Bold Art”
Latest from City View
- Museum of Discovery and Science to participate in Blue Star Museums
- Whether Fired Or Inspired, 5 Tips To Reinvent Yourself
- The Broward Center Recognizes Volunteers for One of the Nation’s Largest Arts-in-education Programs
- Holy Cross Hospital Opens the Linda and Henry Haller Physical Therapy Center
- Music, Dancing, Drummers and More! Asian-Pacific American Heritage Celebration is May 12 & 13, 2018, at Museum of Discovery and Science