FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – In an effort to explore the many ways that art heals the soul and rejuvenates the spirit, ArtServe presents its inspirational multi-media exhibition, “REFLECT: Healing Through Art,” from May 7 to May 25. Sponsored by Holy Cross Hospital, the exhibit kicks off with a free gallery reception on Thursday, May 17 from 6 to 8 p.m. at ArtServe, located at 1350 East Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale.
Created in collaboration with South Florida’s leading artists and non-profit organizations, REFLECT showcases artwork that emphasizes the value of art as a rejuvenating therapy.
“This exhibit features powerful pieces, both static and performed, that reveal a deeper, underlying message of how art has helped uplift and soothe the spirit,” said ArtServe President and CEO Jaye Abbate. “As a means of self-expression through creation, art is an invaluable form of personal therapy for artists and patrons alike.”
Dr. Patrick Taylor, president and CEO of Holy Cross, added, “We are proud to partner with ArtServe to help bring this exhibit to the community. Whether working through illness, pain, loss, or other emotional struggles, this exhibit exemplifies how art can serve as a therapeutic tool to facilitate the process of healing.”
- Creators of the First Multi-Sensory Mural in Broward County to Speak at Arts Mean Business Speaker Series in August
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Announces The 2018-19 Classical Series
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Announces The 2018-19 Dance Series
- Local Artists To Showcase Work During Art & Soul To Benefit Business For The Arts Of Broward
- Artserve Welcomes BankUnited as Venue Sponsor
Latest from City View
- Museum of Discovery and Science, Rail Events Productions, and Brightline bring Warner Bros.’ THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride to Fort Lauderdale
- Symphony Of The Americas Celebrates Thirtieth Anniversary At Season Opening With Stellar Soloists And Great Music Making
- Calling all young singers! Tri-Rail announces auditions for South Florida's Kids Got Talent on Nov. 17
- 5 Ways High-Performance Organizations Make Meetings Effective
- Saxophonist Boney James Comes To Parker Playhouse