FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – In an effort to explore the many ways that art heals the soul and rejuvenates the spirit, ArtServe presents its inspirational multi-media exhibition, “REFLECT: Healing Through Art,” from May 7 to May 25. Sponsored by Holy Cross Hospital, the exhibit kicks off with a free gallery reception on Thursday, May 17 from 6 to 8 p.m. at ArtServe, located at 1350 East Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale.
Created in collaboration with South Florida’s leading artists and non-profit organizations, REFLECT showcases artwork that emphasizes the value of art as a rejuvenating therapy.
“This exhibit features powerful pieces, both static and performed, that reveal a deeper, underlying message of how art has helped uplift and soothe the spirit,” said ArtServe President and CEO Jaye Abbate. “As a means of self-expression through creation, art is an invaluable form of personal therapy for artists and patrons alike.”
Dr. Patrick Taylor, president and CEO of Holy Cross, added, “We are proud to partner with ArtServe to help bring this exhibit to the community. Whether working through illness, pain, loss, or other emotional struggles, this exhibit exemplifies how art can serve as a therapeutic tool to facilitate the process of healing.”
- “Femme in Depth” Celebrates Inspirational Women at Holy Cross Hospital
- ArtServe Awards $1,250 to Winners of Annual Juried Fine Art Exhibition “ArtBRAVO”
- Creators of the First Multi-Sensory Mural in Broward County to Speak at Arts Mean Business Speaker Series in August
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Announces The 2018-19 Classical Series
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Announces The 2018-19 Dance Series
Latest from City View
- With its “Stay, Play & Ride” Package, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District Offers the Best of Culture, Shopping, Dining, a Luxurious Hotel Stay & More
- Autism in Flight Takes Off at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport BCPS Students with Autism Practice the Travel Experience
- Our Fund Foundation Announces Spring 2019 Grants; Allocates More Than $120,000 for South Florida Non-Profits That Support LGBT Causes
- Museum of Discovery and Science opens NEW Traveling Exhibit, HALL OF HEROES - Discover Your Superpowers!
- Patrician Mozart Performances Conclude Symphony Of The Americas Season