Fort Lauderdale, Florida — Latin and Hispanic artists from 12 different nations will be represented at ArtServe’s upcoming “Narratives in Latin-American Art” exhibit opening Thurs., Oct. 13 and running through Fri., Dec. 30, 2022.
An opening night reception is scheduled for Thurs., Oct. 13 at ArtServe, which is located at 1350 E. Sunrise Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.
Admission to the Oct. 13 reception and the “Narratives” exhibit is free and open to the public.
“Exploring the Hispanic and Latin-American cultural influence of these multi-national artists—many of whom have been influenced by Latin American writers—is a good way to embrace the spirit of Hispanic Heritage Month,” ArtServe Executive Director Jason Hughes said. “The ‘Narratives’ exhibit will showcase the often-interwoven storytelling aspect of Hispanic and Latin art that gives it so much depth and expression.”
Nations represented at Narratives will be: Puerto Rico, Colombia, Brazil, Cuba, Argentina, Venezuela, Ecuador, Mexico, Aruba, Chile, Haiti and Uruguay.
Narratives is curated by Anaibis M. Yero, an art history specialist from Cuba, together with Latin American Art Pavilion founder and director Maria A. Napoles, also from Cuba. Napoles is the former executive director of the Florida Arte Americas Art Fair.
Latin American Art Pavilion is a Miami-Dade-based organization dedicated to promoting Latin American and Caribbean emerging and mid-career contemporary visual artists worldwide.
ArtServe inspires, supports and advances its diverse members, artists and community by promoting artistic development, education and prosperity through the exploration and presentation of the visual and performing arts.
For more information, visit www.artserve.org. Gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Latest from City View
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Raises The Curtain On A New Arts Season This October
- The Parker Offers Musical Thrills And Supernatural Chills This October
- Summer Songs - An Evening Of Cabaret Showcases Adult Summer Cabaret Workshop Students
- “Victor Victoria” at Lips Fort Lauderdale Will Return With the Role Reversals of Leading Men and Women to Benefit Neighbors 4 Neighbors on October 6
- Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus Presents “life Is a Cabaret” Concert on September 10