FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida – Due to popular demand, the Broward Center for the Performing Arts has announced that it has extended Backstage at Broward Center Tours through February 13.
Perfect for Broadway enthusiasts and theater fans, the exclusive Backstage at Broward Center Tours offer guests a behind-the-scenes look of what it takes to make events come to life at the renowned performing arts center, as well as Instagram-worthy photos from the locations only the biggest stars in entertainment get to experience.
During each 45-minute tour, knowledgeable guides share historical and fun facts as they move from dressing rooms to the sound booth to center stage. Fully wheelchair accessible, the tours include an onstage photo op in the beautiful Au-Rene Theater and dressing rooms as well as an insider’s look at scenic elements and puppetry courtesy of Puppet Network. The tour also provides entry into the Club Level Lounge and the Josephine S. Leiser Room private donor lounge.
Tours are offered on the hour Wednesday through Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m. Tickets are on sale and are $10. Tickets are available online at BrowardCenter.org and Ticketmaster.com, the only official ticketing service of the Broward Center, and by phone at 954.462.0222. Requests for Spanish language tours can be made with 48 hours advance notice by visiting BrowardCenter.org/contact-us or clicking here. The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is preparing for the day when it can once again welcome audiences to the theater. Ticket sales benefit the Broward Center’s Road to Recovery Fund to support operations as the Center prepares for the day when the doors reopen, the curtain rises and the lights return to the Broward Center Stages.
Tours are limited to 12 people and no more than two tours per hour will be offered. Tour-goers are encouraged to arrive at the AutoNation Box Office 15 minutes before their scheduled time as the tour start time may vary in order to manage tour group size due to physical distancing guidelines. Face coverings are required and health and safety guidelines will be followed and are available at BrowardCenter.org under the visit tab.
The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is located at 201 SW Fifth Ave. in Fort Lauderdale. For more information visit BrowardCenter.org, like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/BrowardCenter and Facebook.com/BrowardCenterEducation, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @BrowardCenter, subscribe to our channel at Youtube.com/user/BrowardCenter and join the conversation with #BrowardCenter.
The Broward Center 2020-2021 season is presented by the Broward Performing Arts Foundation. AutoNation, Bank of America, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau, MasterCard and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center are proud sponsors of the Broward Center.
- Art Heist at the Broward Center brings back live local theater
- Broward Center to Take Part in the #SOSFEST Three-Day Virtual Festival
- Broward Center Presents Piff the Magic Dragon in Live Zoom Performances
- Acclaimed Jazz Trumpeter Terell Stafford Performs at Broward Center
- Rare Ginastera Concerto And First Contender In Music Director Search Enliven Symphony Of The Americas Season Opener
Latest from City View
- Fort Lauderdale Chosen by EPA as WIFIA Loan Applicant
- Tips for starting a small business in Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Park Testing Site Closes to Make Way for Vaccines
- Broward County Public Schools Spring 2021 Education Plan Approved by Florida Department of Education
- Upcoming Food Distributions at Mills Pond Park in Fort Lauderdale Tuesday, December 22 and Tuesday, December 29, 2020