Gross will describe her path from 20 years as a commercial textile designer to a return to making art by hand, and how her time as a businessperson affects her art today. Her hand-embroidered and beaded fiber sculptures are her attempt to merge together the natural world and her own inner life. The elements she uses adapt to the environment they are placed into, like much of Florida life, and become hybrids in their desire to survive and thrive. Gross uses no found objects or anything that was ever alive. She constructs with craft store yarns and beads and wire and paper and fabric transfers made from altered scans and manipulated photographs.
Latest from City View
- Glen Phillips Comes To The Broward Center For The Performing Arts
- 28th Annual Walk for the Animals Benefitting the Humane Society of Broward County
- 3 Reasons Why Hiring Older Employees Is A Smart Decision
- 4 Ways Parents, Teachers and Students Can Reduce Standardized-Test Stress
- Business For The Arts Of Broward Announces Call To Artists For Art & Soul