FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Business for the Arts Broward (BFA) presents its Arts Mean Business Speaker Series featuring Rebecca Bradley of Cadence Landscape Architects and Jordan Magid of Unconventional as they share the thought process behind the collaboration for “Main Course,” the first multi-sensory mural brought to Broward County’s Mockingbird Trail, on Wednesday, August 15 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Wells Coffee, 737 NE 2nd Ave. in Fort Lauderdale.
The event is free and open to the public. Complimentary cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served at 5:30 p.m. followed by the presentation at 6 p.m. After the artists’ presentation, guests will be invited to join The Friends of Mockingbird Trail to explore first-hand the socially impactful art installation.
The visual experience of Main Course was designed by Unconventional artist Ernesto Maranje and painted in collaboration with the community. Neighbors came together to leave their mark on Mockingbird Trail’s mural installation depicting the origin of the mythical Flagler Village Mockingbird, as it begins to feast on Florida citrus. The integrated sensory components of the mural, designed and produced by Cadence, bring the visual mural to life by incorporating components of touch, sound and smell.
This Arts Mean Business event is hosted by Wells Coffee and presented by Cadence, Unconventional, Broward County’s Cultural Division, Hoffman’s Chocolates, Broward Workshop and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance.
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Announces The 2018-19 Classical Series
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Announces The 2018-19 Dance Series
- ArtServe Presents “REFLECT: Healing Through Art” Exhibition
- Local Artists To Showcase Work During Art & Soul To Benefit Business For The Arts Of Broward
- Business for the Arts of Broward Cultural Tour Scheduled for March 16
Latest from City View
- Museum of Discovery and Science, Rail Events Productions, and Brightline bring Warner Bros.’ THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride to Fort Lauderdale
- Symphony Of The Americas Celebrates Thirtieth Anniversary At Season Opening With Stellar Soloists And Great Music Making
- Calling all young singers! Tri-Rail announces auditions for South Florida's Kids Got Talent on Nov. 17
- 5 Ways High-Performance Organizations Make Meetings Effective
- Saxophonist Boney James Comes To Parker Playhouse