FORT LAUDERDALE– The Broward Center for the Performing Arts and AEG Presents brings Steve Hackett: Genesis Revisited to Parker Playhouse on Tuesday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are on sale now.
Renowned as an immensely talented and innovative rock musician, Hackett is best known as lead guitarist with Genesis, having performed alongside their classic line up including Gabriel, Collins, Banks and Rutherford. With his extraordinary versatility in both his electric guitar playing and composing, his influences cross multiple genres including jazz, world music and blues.
With Genesis, Hackett's guitar playing produced some of the most memorable moments, from the sensitivity of his acoustic sound on "Horizons" and "Blood on the Rooftops" to the dramatic rock guitar solos of "Firth of Fifth" and "Fountain of Salamis." As he embarked on his solo career, he developed his exceptional range, pushing musical boundaries into exciting areas, inventing new sounds and also techniques such as 'tapping'. His success in the mid-eighties not only saw the hit single "Cell 151," but also the formation of Hackett and Steve Howe super group GTR.
Tickets are $52.75 – $92.75 with $177.50 VIP tickets available that include a meet and greet and premium seating. Ticketmaster is the only official ticketing service of Parker Playhouse. Buy tickets online at ParkerPlayhouse.com and Ticketmaster.com; by phone at 954.462.0222; in person at the Parker Playhouse box office Tuesday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and at the Broward Center’s AutoNation Box Office.
The Parker Playhouse, located in Holiday Park at 707 N.E. Eighth Street in Fort Lauderdale, is an affiliated venue of the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, which provides programming and management of the facility. The Broward Center 2019-2020 season is presented by the Broward Performing Arts Foundation.
For more information visit ParkerPlayhouse.com, like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/TheParkerPlayhouse and join the conversation on Twitter with #ParkerPlayhouse.
- Lillian S. Wells Foundation Donates $5 Million to Top Off the Broward Performing Arts Foundation’s ‘Campaign for the Parker’
- The All-New Musical “American Girl Live” Celebrates The Power Of Girls And Strength Of Friendship
- Jm Family Enterprises Smart Stage Matinees Make Learning Fun This November
- Scottish Rock Band Red Hot Chilli Pipers Brings Bagpipes With Attitude To Parker Playhouse
- The Moscow Festival Ballet Presents A Lavish “Sleeping Beauty” At Parker Playhouse
Latest from City View
- How a Unifying Vision Helps Entrepreneurs Act with Less Fear and Hesitation
- Beaches, commercial gyms and hotels reopen Tuesday in Fort Lauderdale
- City of Fort Lauderdale Update on Coronavirus
- Blue-ribbon working group offers advice on reopening places of worship
- Reopening of gyms, fitness centers halted for now by Broward County