FORT LAUDERDALE – Experience American Girl® in an all-new musical, American Girl Live at Parker Playhouse Thursday, March 22- Friday, March 23.
This new, original, 90-minute musical celebrates the power of girls and strength of friendship as audiences join five spunky campers and their fearless counselor at Camp American Girl, an overnight camp in the North Woods. Overcoming fears and obstacles along the way to having the summer of their lives, these brave campers rely on wisdom and advice delivered by Rebecca, Maryellen, Julie, Nanea, Luciana, and Melody – the beloved American Girl dolls they’ve brought along to camp – who inspire audiences in surprising and delightful musical numbers, each reflecting their historical eras. Empowered by the stories and conviction of their American Girls, the campers learn that they can overcome anything and achieve their dreams, so long as they stay true to themselves and support one another!
American Girl Live is a creative collaboration between American Girl and Mills Entertainment. The original production is by producer Simone Gianfrancesco (Lifetime’s Bring It! Live, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live, John Cleese and Eric Idle Live), with Sandy Rustin (The Cottage, Clue Live, Rated P…For Parenthood) as writer, Meg Zervoulis as Composer (Mean Girls, The Prom, Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812), and Gina Rattan (Matilda, Billy Elliot, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella) directs.
Tickets are $33.75-$53.75 with $75 VIP tickets offering a premium seat and post-show meet and greet. Lap seats are available for children 12 months of age and younger. Ticketmaster is the only official ticketing service of Parker Playhouse. Buy tickets online at ParkerPlayhouse.com and Ticketmaster.com; by phone at 954.462.0222; in person at the Parker Playhouse box office Tuesday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and at the Broward Center’s AutoNation Box Office.
The Parker Playhouse, located in Holiday Park at 707 N.E. Eighth Street in Fort Lauderdale, is an affiliated venue of the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, which provides programming and management of the facility. The Broward Center 2018-2019 season is presented by the Broward Performing Arts Foundation.
For more information visit ParkerPlayhouse.com, like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/TheParkerPlayhouse and join the conversation on Twitter with #ParkerPlayhouse.
- Jm Family Enterprises Smart Stage Matinees Make Learning Fun This November
- Slow Burn Theatre Company Stages “Hedwig And The Angry Inch” With A Cast Of Carbonell Award Winners
- Symphony Of The Americas Celebrates Thirtieth Anniversary At Season Opening With Stellar Soloists And Great Music Making
- Music, Dancing, Drummers and More! Asian-Pacific American Heritage Celebration is May 12 & 13, 2018, at Museum of Discovery and Science
- Conrad Tao Closes Symphony Of The Americas' 30th Anniversary Season In High Voltage Fashion
Latest from City View
- What's New at the World's Largest In-Water Boat Show?
- Blue Martini Fort Lauderdale Presents First-Ever Mom's Night Out on September 18
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Announces Extension of Application Deadline for $75 Million Rebuild Florida Voluntary Home Buyout Program
- 50 Years to the Day Hippefest Celebrates Anniversary of Woodstock with Ten Years After, Big Brother & The Holding Company and Vanilla Fudge
- Holy Cross Medical Group Adds New Pediatrician