DAVIE, Fla. – Young At Art Museum is kicking off the New Year with a gift for Broward County school teachers. Courtesy of BrightStar Credit Union, teachers in Broward County can now visit the award-winning Young At Art for free.
“We are thrilled to offer free admission to local teachers who have such a profound impact on students in our community,” said Mindy Shrago, Executive Director/CEO of Young At Art Museum. “We want to also thank our sponsor BrightStar Credit Union for the opportunity to recognize teachers for all that they do.”
Teachers and all visitors will enjoy a busy January and February at Young At Art Museum:
- INNERSPACE is the new exhibition where visitors will enter a home, reimagined by artist duo Nice'n Easy, in the shape of an infinity symbol where the furniture and environments are fused with the feel of a subtropical island. Each room within the installation is designed to inspire visitors to think about a specific aspect of their life with interactive elements to prompt reflection, creativity and exploration based on the Japanese concept of “Ikigai” or “a reason for being.” Inside visitors can find their way through a sand labyrinth; learn and participate in meditative drawing practices that infuse art and psychology; learn about color theory and why certain colors make them feel different ways; play in an oversized sandpit; and explore each room in this subtropical home and participate in role playing activities.
- The YAA ConTemporary Gallery comes to life with Welcome to You & Me, where visitors step into the imaginative world of artist Jen Clay meeting interactive characters inside a gallery entirely transformed by textile sculptures. Before entering the gallery visitors are introduced to the exhibition by a claymation video surrounded by a yellow textile work growing on the exterior wall around the monitor. Inside the gallery yellow textiles take over the space by covering the floor, ceiling and walls. Suspended from the ceiling is a bright pink vortex that descends to the floor encouraging visitors to enter.
Saturday, February 8 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Young At Art’s Love Factory! invites children and their families to create their own valentines and original art in workshops throughout the museum. They will design and create their own unique Valentine’s cards and bracelets to give to friends, family and classmates. Visitors will also be able to carve their very own heart-stamps to create one-of-a-kind prints and join in a Love Love Dance Party to celebrate with music and movement!
Valentine’s Day, Friday 14 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Young at Art invites visitors to get creative with Valentine’s Day art stations throughout the museum. To receive a $1 discount on admission that day, post of photo taken in front of the I LOVE YOU sculpture on social media and tag someone you love (and @youngatartmuseum) and present the post at the front desk.
- Young At Art Museum Presents Festival of the Arts on Saturday, March 5
- Young at Art Museum Hosts Halloween Party on Friday, October 30
- Young At Art Museum ¡Fiesta!: Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month
- Get Up and Move! with Young At Art Museum To Celebrate Nickelodeon’s Worldwide Day of Play
- Levinson Jewelers celebrates 25 years of YAA as exclusive jewelry partner
Latest from City View
- City Closes Summer Camp at Bass Park due to COVID-19
- Public Urged to Follow Protocols to Prevent Spread of COVID-19 Businesses Violating COVID-19 Regulations Face Fines and Shutdowns
- Fort Lauderdale Welcomes U.S. Secretary of the Interior
- City seeks to address racial justice, looks toward next steps with COVID-19
- Doctor’s Top Tips For Making Your Workplace Safe