Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) celebrates Florida Family Engagement in Education Month in November, recognizing the crucial role parents and families play in their children's education. When schools work together with families to support learning, children are more motivated to succeed, not just in school, but throughout life.
Families are invited to celebrate Family and Community Engagement Week, November 14 – 19, 2021. The Department of Equity and Diversity’s Office of Family and Community Engagement and BCPS schools will present activities to celebrate and honor parents and caregivers. The quality education students receive is enhanced when families, schools and communities work together.
To kick off the weeklong celebration, BCPS has partnered with Broward County Parks & Recreation to host the inaugural “Family Day: A Celebration of Diversity” on Sunday, November 14, from 2 to 5 p.m. at Delevoe Park, 2520 N.W. 6th Street, Fort Lauderdale. Hosted by Rodney Baltimore from WHQT HOT105 radio, the free family fun day includes performances by students, music, family games and fitness activities, free food from participating local food trucks, and information and resources provided by BCPS and local community organizations. Each child will receive at least two books to add to their home library. Free COVID-19 vaccines will also be available for ages 5 and older.
Thanks to the generosity of the Broward Center for Performing Arts and American Express, families will have the opportunity to win prizes by participating in activities and events hosted by schools throughout Family and Community Engagement Week.
Latest from City View
- Help Make a Difference Participate in the 2022 VCA Walk for the Animals Benefitting the Humane Society of Broward County
- Spirit Airlines Named Official Airline Sponsor Of The Broward Center For The Performing Arts
- The Magnificent Man and His Music
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation Announces Harry Connick, Jr. to Perform at 2022 Annual Celebration Harry Connick takes the stage on January 28
- Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation’s 13th Annual Ocean Affair Raises Funds for Ocean Conservation