The City of Fort Lauderdale, in consultation with the Broward County Health Department, is advising the public of sewage contamination in a portion of recreational waters in northeast Fort Lauderdale. Residents whose properties abut water bodies within the following boundaries should avoid swimming, fishing, jetskiing, or any water-related activities in these water bodies:
- Northern boundary: N.E. 56th Court
- Southern boundary: N.E. 55th Street
- Eastern boundary: Bayview Drive
- Western boundary: Federal Highway
See a map of the affected area
The precautionary advisory is being issued as a result of a leaking sewer line which City crews have repaired. This advisory will remain in effect until further notice.
For more information, please contact the City of Fort Lauderdale 24-hour Customer Service Center at 954-828-8000 or online at www.fortlauderdale.gov/customerservice or download our new Lauderserv app from Google Play or the Apple App Store. The Lauderserv app allows users to submit customer service requests right from their mobile device.
- Fort Lauderdale Named Top Digital City by e.Republic Inc.'s Center for Digital Government
- City of Fort Lauderdale named among "America's Greenest Cities"
- Copa Airlines Begins Nonstop Service between Panama and Fort Lauderdale
- City of Fort Lauderdale 2015 Proposed Budget
- Uptown Link...Your New Cypress Creek Connection!
Latest from City View
- With its “Stay, Play & Ride” Package, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District Offers the Best of Culture, Shopping, Dining, a Luxurious Hotel Stay & More
- Autism in Flight Takes Off at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport BCPS Students with Autism Practice the Travel Experience
- Our Fund Foundation Announces Spring 2019 Grants; Allocates More Than $120,000 for South Florida Non-Profits That Support LGBT Causes
- Museum of Discovery and Science opens NEW Traveling Exhibit, HALL OF HEROES - Discover Your Superpowers!
- Patrician Mozart Performances Conclude Symphony Of The Americas Season