FORT LAUDERDALE - Among the nation's 150 largest cities, the City of Fort Lauderdale ranks as the 11th "Greenest City in the U.S." according to a national study released today.
The study, released by Nerdwallet.com, lauded the City for earning high rankings based on the analysis of four key environmental factors:
1) Housing density
2) Environmental quality
4) Energy sources
Fort Lauderdale scored the highest marks for the percentage of occupied buildings with 10 or more residences. The City also scored strongly for good air quality, transportation options and the percentage of residential buildings with solar energy.
"This national ranking is a reflection of our strong commitment to sustainability," said Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler. "Through our community-wide Vision, Strategic Plan, and Sustainability Action Plan, we are strengthening resiliency, addressing climate change, and developing long-term adaptation and mitigation strategies to protect and preserve our outstanding quality of life. As we participate in a variety of Earth Day activities tomorrow, we will be proud to share this new 'Greenest City' designation with all of our neighbors who have worked in partnership with us to help attain this well-deserved and welcomed recognition."
The complete report is available online at: www.nerdwallet.com
- Fort Lauderdale Named Top Digital City by e.Republic Inc.'s Center for Digital Government
- Copa Airlines Begins Nonstop Service between Panama and Fort Lauderdale
- City of Fort Lauderdale 2015 Proposed Budget
- City of Fort Lauderdale Issues Precautionary Advisory Against Use of Inland Recreational Waters in Northeast Fort Lauderdale
- Uptown Link...Your New Cypress Creek Connection!
Latest from City View
- “Femme in Depth” Celebrates Inspirational Women at Holy Cross Hospital
- The All-New Musical “American Girl Live” Celebrates The Power Of Girls And Strength Of Friendship
- The Fort Lauderdale Downtown Development Authority And Freebee Launch Free On-Demand Door-To-Door Electric Vehicle Pilot Program In Downtown Fort Lauderdale
- Colors Of Art And Music Intermingle At Symphony Of The Americas
- ArtServe Awards $1,250 to Winners of Annual Juried Fine Art Exhibition “ArtBRAVO”