Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – Based on satisfactory test results, the City of Fort Lauderdale is reducing the boundaries of the Precautionary Advisory for Water-related Recreational Activities in the Las Olas Isles area that was issued on July 21 as a result of minor sewer backups in the area (see test results at https://bit.ly/2BirI7O).
The Precautionary Waterway Advisory WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT for a small area bounded by SE 1 Street to the north; Las Olas Boulevard to the south; Nurmi Drive to the east; and Fiesta Way to the west (see map below).
Swimming, fishing, jet-skiing, paddle-boarding, kayaking, canoeing or engaging in any water-related activities should continue to be avoided within the advisory area.
Daily water testing in the affected area will continue and the precautionary advisory will remain in effect until further notice.
Water-related recreational activities may be resumed in waterways outside the advisory area.
For more information, please contact the City’s 24-hour Customer Service Center at 954-828-8000 or www.fortlauderdale.gov/lauderserv.
Latest from City View
- House of Hope Launches Toy and Donation Drive for the Holidays
- Florida Ports Council, Enterprise Florida Host Virtual Forum to Help Businesses Grow Trade through Florida’s Ports
- Up to $15,000 in Grants Available for Local Arts Organizations; New Education Category Funding Available for First Time
- Tips for Reducing Holiday Stress and Staying Mindful While Traveling
- The New "Backstage at Broward Center" Tour is an Invite to Fans to "Take Their Shot" and Star in their Own Onstage Photo Opp