FORT LAUDERDALE, Fl - 2-1-1 Broward is pleased to announce the finalists for the 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards presented by Signature Grand and hosted by 2-1-1 Broward. The 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards will celebrate the inspiring work of Broward County's non-profit agencies and recognize the individual efforts of outstanding non-profit executive and board leaders. Evoking the iconic symbols of a glamorous awards show with a red carpet and searchlights, the awards ceremony and luncheon will take place on Friday, February 23rd at 11 a.m. at Signature Grand in Davie.
“Supporting our mission of positively impacting the health and wellness of our members and the community at large, Community Care Plan is pleased to support 2-1-1 Broward, which serves as the gateway to over 800 of Broward County's nonprofits, connecting residents to the services they need,” said John Benz, President/ CEO of Community Care Plan. “We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of the county’s non-profit organizations at the 8th annual 2-1-1 Broward Non-Profit Awards.”
The finalists for the 8th Annual Non-Profit Awards were revealed on Tuesday, January 23rd at an exclusive VIP Announcement Party at Dave & Buster’s in Hollywood.
In attendance for this year’s Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards were Co-Chairs: Susan M. Mansolillo, Chief Human Resources Officer of Community Care Plan, and Sandra Birdsong, Senior Vice President of PNC Bank.
The 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards acknowledge the highest level of achievement, innovation and quality in the non-profit sector. Every non-profit is encouraged to attend the luncheon and awards ceremony to celebrate their contributions to the community. Awards will be given in 10 categories, and all other nominees will be eligible for the Publix Community Choice Award. The ten categories include:
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year
- Finalists Include: Arc Broward; PACE Center for Girls and HandsOn Broward
- WLRN Outstanding Non-Proﬁt Leader of the Year
- Finalists Include: Andy Fernandez, Firewall Centers; Mandy Bartle, South Florida Community Land Trust and Mary Partin, Dan Marino Foundation
- FPL Non-Proﬁt Board Leader of the Year
- Finalists Include: Robert Taylor Jr., Habitat for Humanity; Dr. Heidi Schaeffer, Broward Human Trafficking Coalition and Ian Lis, HANDY
- Greenspoon Marder Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – The Arts
- Finalists Include: Business for the Arts; Museum of Discovery & Science and Artists with Autism
- SunTrust Bank Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Collaboration
- Finalists Include: ArtServe; David Posnack JCC and Memorial Healthcare System
- Brown & Brown Insurance Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Innovation
- Finalists Include: Dan Marino Foundation; Sheridan House Family Ministries and Taylor's Closet
- Calvin Giordano & Associates Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Rising Star
- Finalists Include: FLITE Center; Parkland Buddy Sports and Morningday Community Solutions
- Children Services Council Collective Impact for Youth Award
- Finalists Include: ChildNet; Children's Harbor and KidSafe
- The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy National Leadership Institute Development Executive of the Year
- Finalists Include: Jessica Rodriguez, ARC Broward; Shelli Gold, JAFCO Children's Ability Center and Beverly Bachrach, David Posnack JCC
- OK Generators Lifetime Achievement Award (winner to be selected by 2-1-1 Broward)
- Winner: Bob Birdsong of OK Generators is presenting John Benz of Community Care Plan with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at the luncheon
The winners and finalists in each category will receive a monetary award for each of their non-profit organizations. Those nominated but not selected as a finalist will be eligible to win a $1,000 grant for their organization through the Publix Community Choice Award. Online voting for the Publix Community Choice Award is now open at www.211broward.org .
Event sponsors include Community Care Plan; Signature Grand; Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino; OK Generators; Publix Super Markets; Calvin Giordano & Associates; Children’s Services Council of Broward County; Brown & Brown Insurance; SunTrust Bank; FPL; Southern Audio Visual; Greenspoon Marder; WLRN Public Media; Kip Hunter Marketing; Eye on South Florida; Memorial Healthcare System; Hoffman’s Chocolates; Wizard Creations; LaCroix; JM Family Enterprises, Berkowitz Pollack Brant; Canon Solutions American; Rock With U Entertainment; Envision Web Development; Gray Robinson Attorneys at Law; Leo Goodwin Foundation; Dave & Busters; Florida Community Bank; Wilton Live! and Victoria Duke Beauty.
Tickets to the 8th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards are $85 per person for general admission, $75 for CLUB 2-1-1 members and $65 per person for non-profit staff/government representatives. After February 1st, all tickets are $85 per person. Table Sponsorships begin at $1,500. Partnership opportunities range from $1,500 to $10,000. Partnerships include unique sponsorships such as $5,000 Glitz & Glam Partner, $3,500 Lights! Camera! Action! Sponsor and others.
Latest from City View
- Holy Cross Health Welcomes New Mission Leader
- A ONE-NIGHT-ONLY PERFORMANCE OF “TRIBUTES” WITH JOE POSA AND SETH SIKES TO DEBUT IN SOUTH FLORIDA ON JANUARY 14
- Andrews Avenue Gravity Sewer Main Maintenance in Downtown Fort Lauderdale and Tarpon River
- Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center’s 30th Annual Thanksgiving Basket Brigade Set for Sunday, November 20
- Altis Cardinal Breaks Ground on The Adderly Apartment Development in Fort Lauderdale