Fort Lauderdale, Fla. -- The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) announced that 10 state-supported drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites and four state-supported walk-up COVID-19 testing sites will be closed from Friday, May 15 through Sunday, May 17, due to a low-pressure system expected to impact the state this weekend that could bring heavy rain, severe thunderstorms, and wind gusts up to 40 mph.
The closures will affect the drive-thru COVID-19 testing site at Holiday Park in Fort Lauderdale, located at 1150 G. Harold Martin Drive. The site is scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, May 19.
Individuals with appointments for Friday, May 15 and Saturday, May 16 at the Holiday Park testing site should call 1-800-209-7919, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. to reschedule their appointments.
For more information about the closures, visit the Florida Department of Health website at bit.ly/2Z6TmhA.
Latest from City View
- How a Unifying Vision Helps Entrepreneurs Act with Less Fear and Hesitation
- Beaches, commercial gyms and hotels reopen Tuesday in Fort Lauderdale
- City of Fort Lauderdale Update on Coronavirus
- Blue-ribbon working group offers advice on reopening places of worship
- Reopening of gyms, fitness centers halted for now by Broward County