The City of Fort Lauderdale is one of the top tech-savvy cities in the nation, according to the 2015 Digital Cities Survey conducted by e.Republic's Center for Digital Government. In its 15th year, the annual survey is part of the Center's Digital Communities Program, which focuses on collaboration among cities, counties and regions. Fort Lauderdale ranked eighth overall among communities with a population between 125,000 and 250,000.
"We are extremely excited and proud to be recognized in this year's Digital Cities Survey," said Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler. "Earning this distinction on the heels of the Best of the Web Award confirms that we are making the right investments in our technology and leveraging the necessary tools to provide better services to our neighbors, thereby continuing to make Fort Lauderdale an even better place to live, work, play, visit, and raise a family."
The City was recognized for its innovative uses of data and technology to promote civic engagement, support citywide policy, and enhance operational efficiencies. Cited initiatives that foster open government and facilitate community collaboration include: the Granicus Legistar System and its e-Comments tool, citywide Telephone Town Hall Meetings, the Property Reporter, Ethics Trac, the Financial Transparency Portal and the Lauderserv customer service application.
Innovative and proactive policy initiatives include the creation of a new Security Division in the IT Department and citywide employee cybersecurity training to maintain a secure network infrastructure and protect neighbor privacy. Fort Lauderdale has also incorporated online platforms into its comprehensive Strategic Management System to track performance measures and drive progress on the collective goals outlined in the citywide Vision and Strategic Plans.
For more information on Fort Lauderdale's use of technology to build community and enhance quality of life, visit www.fortlauderdale.gov.
- City of Fort Lauderdale named among "America's Greenest Cities"
- Copa Airlines Begins Nonstop Service between Panama and Fort Lauderdale
- City of Fort Lauderdale 2015 Proposed Budget
- City of Fort Lauderdale Issues Precautionary Advisory Against Use of Inland Recreational Waters in Northeast Fort Lauderdale
- Uptown Link...Your New Cypress Creek Connection!
Latest from City View
- Fashion Forward for Paws – Sets New Record!
- Jm Family Enterprises Smart Stage Matinees Make Learning Fun This November
- Slow Burn Theatre Company Stages “Hedwig And The Angry Inch” With A Cast Of Carbonell Award Winners
- Museum of Discovery and Science, Rail Events Productions, and Brightline bring Warner Bros.’ THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride to Fort Lauderdale
- Symphony Of The Americas Celebrates Thirtieth Anniversary At Season Opening With Stellar Soloists And Great Music Making