The 64th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show returns Wednesday, October 25, through Sunday, October 329. This premier event is an opportunity to showcase our beautiful city – the Yachting Capital of the World – and support South Florida’s $12.5 billion marine industry and the 149,000 jobs it brings to the area.
There is a lot to see and experience, from the recently renovated Broward County Convention Center to scenic views of A1A along Fort Lauderdale Beach toward Las Olas Marina. The five-day show features a thousand exhibitors from around the world with more than 1,300 boats on display. The show attracts more than 100,000 attendees, so expect event areas to be very busy.
Here’s what you need to know to make it easier to get around:
Parking along the beach will be very limited. The only parking locations will be the Las Olas Garage, located at 200 E. Las Olas Circle, and metered on-street parking spaces along A1A north of E. Las Olas Boulevard. Here’s a better option:
- Park at the Riverwalk Center Garage, located at 150 SE 2nd Street.
- From the Riverwalk Center Garage, catch the free LauderGO! Micro Mover at SE 2nd Street and SE 2nd Avenue. Look for the Micro Mover Shuttle Pick Up sign.
- The Micro Mover will drop attendees off at the Water Taxi pick-up location near Salt7 restaurant.
- Hop on the Water Taxi for unlimited rides the day you purchase your ticket. The Water Taxi will drop attendees off at a dock near the boat show.
Additional parking locations are available along Las Olas Boulevard west of SE 12th Avenue. Click here to see the full map. The LauderGO! Community Shuttle also will be operating under its normal schedule during the event.
Expect A1A and Seabreeze Boulevard to be heavily congested and slow-moving. Following the plan above is recommended in order to avoid driving along the beach if possible.
There is one road closure associated with the boat show, but the impact will be limited:
- SE 5th Street between Seabreeze Boulevard and A1A is closed to serve as a bus stop location. The bus route runs from SE 5th Street to the Broward County Convention Center.
Latest from City View
- Halloween Safety Tips for Pet Owners: Protecting Your Furry Friends
- After a Rare Diagnosis and Brain Surgery as a Kindergartener, Kai Makes a Remarkable Recovery
- Indulge in Culinary Excellence: The Best High-End Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
- South Florida Symphony Orchestra Announces 2023/24 Masterworks Season
- The Broward Center For The Performing Arts Hosts Free Open House For Fall Classes