Fort Lauderdale, FL – Museum of Discovery and Science has created new summer programs for children ages 3-7. Sprouting STEM - Growing UpGreat is inspired by the PNC Grow Up Great® Lesson Center, an early childhood education resource that helps enhance hands-on arts and science learning for young children. The programs are scheduled at 10:15 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in the Museum’s Discovery Center and are included with regular exhibits admission.
Through the museum’s creative exhibits and the hands-on early childhood education lessons, supported by PNC Grow Up Great, , hundreds of young children will learn about animals, colors and the senses. Founded by The PNC Financial Services Group, PNC Grow Up Great is a bilingual $350 million, multi-year initiative to help prepare children from birth to age 5 for success in school and life.
Museum President and CEO Joseph P. Cox said, “We are excited to bring new early childhood education programming to the Museum and are grateful for our continued collaboration with PNC. This program is the first of many early childhood programs the Museum will offer with various themes to promote science, technology, engineering and mathematics in an interactive way.”
The region is home to more than one million children under the age 5, and through programs such as this, these area’s youngest learners are being prepared to compete in a world economy through a variety of STEAM approaches.
“In today’s growing global economy, it’s critically important to introduce our youngest minds as early as possible to math, science and the arts,” said Cressman Bronson, PNC regional president for southeast Florida. “Experiences such as these set them up for future success, including possible careers as engineers, scientists, physicians and creative entrepreneurs.”
Sprouting STEM Growing Up Great is at 10:15 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays:
June 18, 20, 22, 2018 - It Smells
Learn about your nose and how it smells.
July 2, 4, 6, 16, 18, 20, 2018 - Fur, Feather and Scales
Children can explore different animal skins and compare them to their own.
July 9, 11, 13, 23, 25, 27, 2018 - Chirping Crickets
Children can observe crickets and learn how they create music on their own.
July 30, August 1 & 3, 2018 -Do You Hear What I Hear?
Children can explore their sense of hearing and understand how it helps them in their lives.
August 6, 8, 10, 2018 - Exploring Color
Children can learn the primary colors and how mixing them can create secondary colors.
- Museum of Discovery and Science, Rail Events Productions, and Brightline bring Warner Bros.’ THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride to Fort Lauderdale
- Museum of Discovery and Science to participate in Blue Star Museums
- Museum of Discovery and Science Celebrates its 25th Anniversary November 24-26, 2017
- Building Fantastic Futures Luncheon raises $20,000 to benefit Museum's Internship Program
Latest from City View
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation Goes Saturday Night Chic at Annual Celebration to Benefit the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Truluck’s Seafood, Steak and Crab House
- “Femme in Depth” Celebrates Inspirational Women at Holy Cross Hospital
- The All-New Musical “American Girl Live” Celebrates The Power Of Girls And Strength Of Friendship
- The Fort Lauderdale Downtown Development Authority And Freebee Launch Free On-Demand Door-To-Door Electric Vehicle Pilot Program In Downtown Fort Lauderdale