The City established the Walk of Fame in 2010 at the inaugural Great American Beach Party to pay tribute to the legendary Connie Francis on the 50th Anniversary of "Where the Boys Are," the 1960 film which made Fort Lauderdale an overnight sensation and a "must see" destination for visitors. Walk of Fame Honorees are recognized for distinguishing themselves in their respective fields, while making lifelong, positive contributions to the City of Fort Lauderdale.
Latest from City View
- Upper Keys Humane Society Pets Now Seeking New Homes
- Hurricane Irma Debris Removal Update
- Post Hurricane Irma Updates on City Operations
- As Fort Lauderdale's Riva Nears Completion, Luxury Condo Offers 20 Percent Total Deposit at Contract
- Broward Education Foundation’s Tools For Schools Launches County’s Largest Back to School Supply Drive