Fort Lauderdale, Fla. - City crews are currently responding to a broken 16-inch sewer main in the vicinity of Cordova Road and SE 15 Street. Crews have turned off a valve which has isolated the break and stopped the flow of discharge from the pipe. Excavation work has begun to expose the damaged portion of pipe. Once crews are able to assess the damage, they will proceed with making the proper repair. Traffic is being detoured around the affected area while work is taking place.
As a result of the break, the City of Fort Lauderdale is issuing a Precautionary Advisory for Water-Related Recreational Activities in the area of SE 15 Street and the Intracoastal Waterway.
The general boundaries of the precautionary waterway advisory are as follows (see attached map):
North: SE 13 Street
South: SE 17 Street
East: Intracoastal Waterway
West: Cordova Road
Swimming, fishing, jet-skiing, paddle-boarding, kayaking, canoeing or engaging in any water-related activities should be avoided within the advisory area.
Daily testing will be conducted in the affected waterways and the precautionary advisory will remain in effect until satisfactory test results are received.
For more information, please contact the City of Fort Lauderdale 24-hour Customer Service Center at 954-828-8000 or www.fortlauderdale.gov/lauderserv.
Latest from City View
- House of Hope Launches Toy and Donation Drive for the Holidays
- Florida Ports Council, Enterprise Florida Host Virtual Forum to Help Businesses Grow Trade through Florida’s Ports
- Up to $15,000 in Grants Available for Local Arts Organizations; New Education Category Funding Available for First Time
- Tips for Reducing Holiday Stress and Staying Mindful While Traveling
- The New "Backstage at Broward Center" Tour is an Invite to Fans to "Take Their Shot" and Star in their Own Onstage Photo Opp