The Cities of Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, and Wilton Manors have come together in partnership with Feeding South Florida to host weekly food distribution events at Mills Pond Park in Fort Lauderdale. These events are typically held on Thursdays from 9 to 11 a.m.
Due to the upcoming holidays, the next drive-thru food distribution will take place on Tuesday, December 22, and Tuesday, December 29. Distributions will resume on Thursdays on January 7, 2021.
The free events are intended to provide healthy and nutritious food to those who are most in need due to job loss, income loss, or the inability to cover their monthly expenses. Food is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 1,000 vehicles with a limit of one container of food per vehicle.
To access the event, enter Mills Pond Park from southbound NW 9 Avenue. Recipients must remain in their vehicles and will be instructed to open their trunk when volunteers are ready to load it.
For more information, visit bit.ly/2VQJOEa
Latest from City View
- Broward Center Extends New "Backstage at Broward Center" Tours
- Fort Lauderdale Chosen by EPA as WIFIA Loan Applicant
- Tips for starting a small business in Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Park Testing Site Closes to Make Way for Vaccines
- Broward County Public Schools Spring 2021 Education Plan Approved by Florida Department of Education