The City of Fort Lauderdale recently launched the Uptown Link, which is a FREE midday shuttle bus for the Uptown Business District that was implemented to elevate connectivity, enhance mobility, improve traffic flow, and to create a City that offers viable, sustainable public transportation alternatives.
The Link also fulfills one of the top priorities outlined in the City’s Vision and Strategic Plans, which is to transform Fort Lauderdale into a fully connected, pedestrian friendly, multimodal City.
Commuters, students, employees, and visitors have convenient access to the Cypress Creek Tri-Rail station, the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, and nearby restaurants, shops, schools and other destinations along the Cypress Creek Road corridor Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. With two shuttle routes originating from the Cypress Creek Tri-Rail station, the Uptown Link service extends from Calvary Chapel east to Radice Corporate Park.
The Uptown Link complements other low-cost transportation alternatives in the City, including the Sun Trolley and the upcoming Wave Streetcar. It also presents a tremendous incentive for those who have considered leaving their car at home to take advantage of a stress-free ride on the Tri-Rail or another public transportation service. With the Uptown Link, there is now a way to get around during the day.
The Uptown Link is funded through a grant from the Florida Department of Transportation Transit Corridor Program. Other project partners include the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority and Envision Uptown, Inc.
Hop aboard the Uptown Link and let us take you to lunch, school, work, or wherever you need to go.
For more information about the Uptown Link or for route maps and schedules, please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/uptownlink.
- Fort Lauderdale Named Top Digital City by e.Republic Inc.'s Center for Digital Government
- City of Fort Lauderdale named among "America's Greenest Cities"
- Copa Airlines Begins Nonstop Service between Panama and Fort Lauderdale
- City of Fort Lauderdale 2015 Proposed Budget
- City of Fort Lauderdale Issues Precautionary Advisory Against Use of Inland Recreational Waters in Northeast Fort Lauderdale
Latest from City View
- “PJ Masks Live! Save The Day” Comes To The Broward Center For The Performing Arts
- New Mental Health App Nothing But Advice© Launches in Florida Qualified mental health professionals available in real-time 24-7
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation Goes Saturday Night Chic at Annual Celebration to Benefit the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Truluck’s Seafood, Steak and Crab House
- “Femme in Depth” Celebrates Inspirational Women at Holy Cross Hospital