The City of Fort Lauderdale Orange Bowl Downtown Countdown New Year's Eve Celebration will take place on Sunday, December 31 from 3:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. along S.W. 2nd Street from S.W. 2 Avenue to S.W. 5 Avenue in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
Beginning Friday, December 29, 2017 at 9 a.m., the following traffic restrictions will be in place:
(1) SW 2nd Street will be closed from SW 5th Avenue, east to SW 4th Avenue.
(2) SW 4th Avenue will be closed from SW 2nd Street south to the New River.
Beginning Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 7 a.m., the following additional traffic restrictions will be in place:
(1) SW 2nd Street will be closed from SW 7th Avenue east to SW 1st Avenue.
(2) SW 2nd Street from SW 7th Avenue to SW 5th Avenue will be restricted to Broward Center for the Performing Arts employees, and Taxi, Uber, and Lyft pick up/drop off only.
(3) SW 2nd Avenue will be closed south of Broward Boulevard.
(4) Access to SW 3rd and SW 4th Avenues south of Broward Boulevard will be restricted to residents who live in the area and employees of businesses on those streets.
(5) SW 5th Avenue will be closed south of the parking garage entrance.
Roads will reopen at 6 a.m. on Monday, January 1.
TAXI CABS | UBER | LYFT
There will be two designated pick up/drop off areas for Taxi cabs, Uber, and Lyft vehicles:
(1) The driveway at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on Commodore Brook Avenue south of SW 2nd Street;
(2) SW 1 Avenue south of Broward Boulevard.
Any other locations used for pick up/drop off will be strictly prohibited and citations will be issued. The designated areas are for Broward County permitted Taxi cabs, Uber and Lyft vehicles only. All other transportation services are prohibited.
If you are a first time user of Uber or Lyft and are planning to go to Downtown Countdown, please use the code"VISIONZEROFTL" to get $20 off your first ride with Uber or $5 off your first four rides with Lyft. Please remember to drive responsibly this New Year's Eve.
Latest from City View
- Fashion Forward for Paws – Sets New Record!
- Jm Family Enterprises Smart Stage Matinees Make Learning Fun This November
- Slow Burn Theatre Company Stages “Hedwig And The Angry Inch” With A Cast Of Carbonell Award Winners
- Museum of Discovery and Science, Rail Events Productions, and Brightline bring Warner Bros.’ THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride to Fort Lauderdale
- Symphony Of The Americas Celebrates Thirtieth Anniversary At Season Opening With Stellar Soloists And Great Music Making