FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – The Museum of Discovery and Science will host the robotics team of Hadley and Delaney Robertson, residents of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The nine-year-old twin sisters have been named one of 30 international finalists in the 2015 Moonbots Challenge, an international competition associated with the Google Lunar XPRIZE that challenges youth from 8 to 17 years old to form a team (2-4 members) and design, create and program their own robots. Through a generous donation from the Robotics Education & Competition Foundation and VEX Robotics, Inc., all finalists receive robotics sets and educational guides, which they are asked to donate to deserving organizations.
On August 27, 2015, in partnership with the Museum of Discovery and Science, Ultimate Software and the Community Foundation of Broward, Hadley and Delaney will demonstrate lunar robotics and donate robotics sets to 6th and 7th grade Broward county students currently attending Crystal Lakes Middle School and participating in the School Is Cool Initiative. Furthermore, $5,000 will be donated to Crystal Lakes for after-school robotics instruction for Discovering Success, the Museum’s School is Cool initiative to increase graduation rates through STEM education.
Through a sponsorship, Ultimate Software, headquartered in Weston Florida, is making it possible for the Crystal Lakes students to attend the presentation. Their team will be on-site providing hands-on robotics activities for the students as well as other Museum visitors.
Chris Alper, Ultimate Software's Director of PDIS Training and Employee Development, said, “We are thrilled to be part of innovative youth development programs that are at the cutting edge of technology. These specialized programs can impact the lives of young people in a very positive way and inspire them to pursue studies in STEM.”
Latest from City View
- “PJ Masks Live! Save The Day” Comes To The Broward Center For The Performing Arts
- New Mental Health App Nothing But Advice© Launches in Florida Qualified mental health professionals available in real-time 24-7
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation Goes Saturday Night Chic at Annual Celebration to Benefit the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Truluck’s Seafood, Steak and Crab House
- “Femme in Depth” Celebrates Inspirational Women at Holy Cross Hospital