SW 2 Street remains temporarily closed from SW 1 Avenue to SW 2 Avenue as City crews work to restore the roadway following a 16-inch sewer main break in downtown Fort Lauderdale over the weekend.
- Motorists traveling eastbound on SW 2 Street will be detoured north at NW 2nd Avenue to Broward Boulevard.
- SW 1 Avenue is open to local traffic only.
- Motorists may access Broward County’s Governmental Center Parking Garage from SW 1 Avenue as follows:
- Andrews Avenue to SW 2 Street and then north on SW 1 Avenue
- Broward Boulevard north to SW 1 Avenue
The road closure will remain in effect while the repair work is taking place. Motorists are advised to follow posted detours in the area.
Neighbors with questions may call the City’s 24-Hour Neighbor Service Center at 954-828-8000
Latest from City View
- Celebrate National Caribbean-american Heritage Month with Island Space and History Fort Lauderdale
- BCPS Partners with Jason Taylor Foundation, UKG and CAGEMASK to Protect Student Athletes from COVID-19
- Tips from a Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon to Prevent Common Summertime Injuries
- Spirit Airlines Receives Corporate Partner of the Year Award From the Broward County Chapter of the American Red Cross
- High-End Women’s Consignment Boutique from Southern California to Open First Franchise and First East Coast Store