SW 2 Street remains temporarily closed from SW 1 Avenue to SW 2 Avenue as City crews work to restore the roadway following a 16-inch sewer main break in downtown Fort Lauderdale over the weekend.
- Motorists traveling eastbound on SW 2 Street will be detoured north at NW 2nd Avenue to Broward Boulevard.
- SW 1 Avenue is open to local traffic only.
- Motorists may access Broward County’s Governmental Center Parking Garage from SW 1 Avenue as follows:
- Andrews Avenue to SW 2 Street and then north on SW 1 Avenue
- Broward Boulevard north to SW 1 Avenue
The road closure will remain in effect while the repair work is taking place. Motorists are advised to follow posted detours in the area.
Neighbors with questions may call the City’s 24-Hour Neighbor Service Center at 954-828-8000
Latest from City View
- 60th Anniversary of the Iconic Film Where the Boys Are Celebrated with a Photo Restrospective by History Fort Lauderdale
- Best things to do in Fort Lauderdale this Fall
- Broward Center to Take Part in the #SOSFEST Three-Day Virtual Festival
- Broward Education Foundation Announces Alumni Honorees for the Publix Super Markets Charities 2020 “Hall of Fame” Awards
- Superintendent Welcomes Students to School Campuses During First Day of Face-to-Face eLearning