According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, there will be around 88 million people taking flights around the country this year. One of the more popular times that people tend to travel is during the summer, when families can plan vacations. With so many flights scheduled, it is easy to get caught up spending more time at the airport than originally planned. The best way to beat spending the extra time there is to plan ahead and be a savvy traveler.
“Airport travel, especially during the summer, can either be a sweaty nightmare or it can be a pleasant experience,” explains expert traveler Margie Floris, president and co-founder of travel wellness company Savvy Travelers. “It all really comes down to how much preparation you do in order to save you time at the airport. The good news is that there is plenty you can do to cut back on airport time and help keep you fresh when traveling spending less time there.”
Being a savvy traveler is all about knowing the tips and tricks that will help get you through the airport quicker, keep you organized and prepared, and will help you be fresh and feeling great when you reach your destination. Here are some tips to help you save time and be a savvy airport traveler this summer:
- Choose wisely. To save time, it’s always a good idea to try and take flights that are on non-peak days. Those who can fly on Tuesday and Wednesday, for example, will find that the airport is not as busy during those times. This alone should help to speed up your travel experience, because you will not be caught in so many long lines.
- Prep ahead. Do what you can for your flight before you ever arrive at the airport. This includes downloading the airline’s app, so you can use it to do your check-in and show your digital boarding pass. This will help you save time and send you right to security, bypassing the initial check-in line.
- Neatness helps. Having everything organized helps lines to move quicker. Knowing where your travel documents are, including your identification, and being able to quickly grab them will keep things moving along. Aim for having things organized and leaving behind unnecessary items that will create clutter in your pockets and bags.
- Weigh ahead. People get slowed down at the airport when they arrive and find out their bag is too heavy. Avoid this issue by weighing it at home ahead of time, and planning accordingly. You may need to take things out to meet the weight limit, but it’s better to do this at home than try to do it at the airport.
- Arrive fresh. Traveling during the summer can take a toll on people because it is hot and sweaty. Rather than having to spend time trying to find a restroom to freshen up in, carry no-rinse products with you that will help address the sweat, body odor or germs that may be present. Stock your carry-on bag with some individually wrapped wipes from Savvy Travelers like the No Sweat antiperspirant deodorant wipes, the Speak Eazy mouth cleansing wipes, and the Klean Upz antibacterial wipes.
“My business partner, Tina Aldatz, and I have had a lot of experience traveling and in determining what it is that can help make it more of a pleasant experience,” added Floris. “That’s why we created solutions for travelers, so everyone can be a Savvy Traveler!”
Savvy Travelers offers a no-rinse line of products that help to keep travelers healthy and lends a convenient collection of problem solvers for beauty and wellness needs. Savvy Travelers individually wrapped cosmetic wipes are curated for the "on-the-go” sophisticated savvy travelista! No Water? No Problem! The company offers a line of pre-packaged kits of individually wrapped beauty wipes, such as the “Jet Set Kit:” which contains 4 “No Sweat” antiperspirant deodorant wipes, 4 “Speak Eazy” mouth cleansing wipes, 4 “Take Offz” cleansing and moisturizing wipes for the face and 4 “In The Klear” lens and screen cleaning wipes. Savvy Travelers wipes are a savior in flight when you are stuck at your seat, and still want to feel clean or refreshed, making traveling healthier all around. For more information, visit the site at: www.savvytravelers.com.
Latest from City View
- Visit the Debut of Artstroll at the Galleria At Fort Lauderdale on November 9 & 10
- Rare Ginastera Concerto And First Contender In Music Director Search Enliven Symphony Of The Americas Season Opener
- Lillian S. Wells Foundation Donates $5 Million to Top Off the Broward Performing Arts Foundation’s ‘Campaign for the Parker’
- Steve Hackett: Genesis Revisited Comes To Parker Playhouse
- Le Macaron French Pastries® is now open at The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale